Updated Safety Measures
Dear Patients and Friends,
I hope you and your family have stayed well and safe. Most of you have been seeing me for almost thirty years and we have never encountered a situation like Covid-19. Together we will overcome it and hopefully in the near future we can return to a more normal way of life rather than the new normal. It’s been almost four months since we have resumed regular dental treatment for our patients and so far, all has gone well. I have listed below the protocols we have currently in place. As the situation changes we may also have to modify our protocols in the future.
- Please wear a mask when you enter our office. If you do not have a mask we will provide one for you.
- Keep your mask on at all times and only remove it during treatment.
- Only patients with appointments are allowed to enter the office. The exception is parents with very young children.
- You will be asked screening questions about Covid – 19 when confirming your appointment and once again before entry to our office. Please reschedule if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- The doors to our office remain locked at all times except for patient entry.
- Only patients with appointment should come to the office.
- The waiting room is closed.
- Please avoid bringing coffee, drinks etc. to the office. Water is the exception.
- When you arrive for your appointment call us from the parking lot and you will be instructed when to enter the office. Stay in your car if possible.
- We will measure your temperature on entry and in some cases, we will get a digital reading of your blood oxygen level. If you have a fever we will reschedule your appointment.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided on entry and exit from our office.
- Social distancing is in effect.
- Please reschedule if you have come in contact with anyone who has had flue like symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please allow us enough time for enhanced disinfection between patients.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 up to 14 days after your appointment please notify us.
- All staff have their temperatures checked twice a day.
- We have air purifiers in each operatory.
As always, I look forward to seeing you,
Dr. Austin Saldanha
Brooklin Dental Centre